Media relations is particularly important in the medical field. Patients choose a hospital or medical provider based on trust. Even in the case where the medical provider is chosen for the patient it is important that a sense of trust is created. It is precisely because the trust factor is so important that PR is the most effective form of marketing available for hospitals and health care providers. Unlike advertising or direct marketing, public relations is the only form of marketing that offers the credibility and validation of being featured in the news. The public learns of most new medical breakthroughs, studies, or procedures from the media. The physicians interviewed, or hospitals that are featured benefit from that coverage. PR needs to be an integral part of any hospital’s business plan. A successful media relations campaign not only educates and informs. Used effectively, PR can not only build a hospital’s brand and patient base, it can usher in new concepts and perspectives and shape the ideas of a community.
- Statistics Show Why Now Is the Time to Market Your Dermatology Practice
- Marketing Your Orthopedic Practice Through Effective PR
- A Cosmetic Surgeon Needn’t be in LA or NY to Launch an Effective PR Campaign
- Growing Your Allergist Practice through Seasonal PR & Marketing
- Demystifying PR for Doctors: Building Your Practice while Educating the Public